Even if you are not a Disney Fan, this recipe is a must try! As you might know if you follow us, our family loves Disney. On every trip we make sure that we get a Dole Whip Float, it's a necessity! There are many different recipes out there to make the Disney Dole Whip at home, and I will say that none are exactly what you get while in the park. But, if you are craving one and aren't making a trip to Disney soon, you can make one at home. They do sell Dole Soft Serve premade mix, but this recipe doesn't use that as you need to have a soft serve ice cream maker at home, and I don't think most of us have that.
Information About Disney Dole Whip
This is one of the most popular snacks that Disney sells. I will tell you that sometimes the line to get one of these can be longer than waiting in lines for some of the rides. On average Disney sells 1.3 million a year throughout the resorts and parks, that's a lot of Dole Whip! Over 600,00 are sold annually at Disneyland in California!
What is Dole Whip? It's the best soft serve you will EVER have.There are a few different ways that you can order your Disney Dole Whip. One, is just alone, and you have your choice of flavors; pineapple, orange or vanilla. Two, you can have a Dole Whip swirl, you choose two flavors and they swirl it for you. The third and my all time favorite is the Dole Whip float. You choose the flavor of the soft serve, and it's put in pineapple juice. I always go for the pineapple juice with pineapple soft serve. It's amazing!
How To Make the Disney Dole Whip At Home
Ingredients needed to make Disney Dole Whip:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 20 oz cans of crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 1 quart zipper freezer bags
Follow these easy directions to make your Disney Dole Whip:
- Drain your cans of crushed pineapple and set aside two tablespoons of the juice.
- Place lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, pineapple, and the pineapple juice you saved into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Poor into the two freezer bags, and lay flat in your freezer for around one and a half hours. Or until the mixture is slushy.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the whipped whipping cream and the pineapple slush folding the two together until slightly blended.
- Cover the bowl and put it back in freezer until frozen completely for at least one hour.
Pull your Disney Dole Whip out of the freezer and enjoy! If you want to make it a float, poor some pineapple juice over it! You will not regret it I promise!