I know, this sounds like a strange combination. But it is so yummy. I made this and it was a hit, everyone loved it. With the 4th of July coming, I thought it was the perfect time to share. It's a simple dessert that is great to bring to a cookout! It's simple, and will be a crowd pleaser I promise! Here is how to make this simple and easy tasty dessert!
How to make Strawberry Jello Pretzel Dessert
IngredientsYou will need the following ingredients to make the Strawberry Jello Pretzel Dessert:
- 2 1/2 cups pretzels crushed (I close mine in a zip lock bag and crush with a spoon, easy cleanup!)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 6 oz box of strawberry jello
- 1 16 oz container of fresh strawberries sliced or 1 10 oz container of frozen strawberries
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (regular or low fat)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 8 oz container of cool whip
Strawberry Jello Pretzel Dessert Directions
Follow these easy steps to make your Strawberry Jello Pretzel Dessert:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13" baking dish. (I use cooking spray)
- Combine pretzels, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into baking dish.
- Put baking dish in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Make Jello according to the package directions. Add strawberries, and put into fridge to let it partially set. About an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth. Fold in the cool whip.Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Make sure that you spread it out evenly and completely to avoid jello leaking through to the pretzel crust as it could get soggy.
- Pour the jello over the cream cheese layer, and place in fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.
After it's all set, it's time to take a bite and enjoy! Let us know what you think! We love it!