When we were at Disney in May, we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time. Scott fell in love with the spicy chicken and corn chowder. He raved about it, and couldn't stop talking about it. When I got home, I decided to try to make it at home. Since then, I have made it twice and it has become a family favorite. Try making it at home today by following this recipe.
How to make Boma Chicken and Corn Chowder
This is a great recipe that is super easy to make. You can make some easy changes if you are a busy mom/dad to make it less time consuming. The recipe calls for potatoes. You can use the chopped ones in the can if you are limited for time.
You will need the following ingredients to make Boma Chiken and Corn Chowder:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I boiled mine before hand, easy)
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed (to make sure they get soft, you could boil ahead of time)
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 15 oz cans chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 large onion diced finely
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons parsley
Boma Chicken and Corn Chowder Directions
To make Boma Chicken and Corn Chowder follow these directions:
- Bring chicken broth to boil in a large pot.
- Reduce heat. Add milk, heavy cream, chicken bouillon and sugar. Mix to combine.
- Then add potatoes, chicken, red pepper, frozen corn and onion to pot.
- Reduce heat to med/low and simmer for about 40 minutes. Hint: check your onions and potatoes, if they are still not soft, I cover and cook for a little longer till they are soft.
- Add parsley and hot sauce and cook on low for another 5 minutes.
I hope you enjoy your chowder as much as we do! It's great served with crackers or bread!