Tinker Bell pixie dust cookies are a great snack for all you Disney Fairy lovers, and the kids will get a kick out of how pretty they are. The cookies are a great addition to a family movie night while watching any of the Tinker Bell movies. The great part about these, is that they are easy to make and your children can help you do it. The fun part? There is a cookie color for each of the fairies that are featured in the Tinker Bell movies. You just need to buy the colored sugar for Tinker Bell and each of her fairy friends.
How to Make Tinker Bell Pixie Dust Cookies
You don't have to make every color, but make you can choose which colors you want. Here are some ideas; green for Tinker Bell, blue for Periwinkle or Silvermist, pink for Rosetta, purple for Vidia, orange for Fawn, and yellow for Irridessa. Also if you can find them they make edible stars, you can add them to the tops of your cookies as pixie dust!
You will need the following ingredients to make your Tinker Bell Pixie Dust Cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Colored sugar sprinkles
- Edible stars
Tinker Bell Pixie Dust Cookies Directions
To make the Tinker Bell Pixie Dust Cookies follow these Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter or margarine and the sugar until it is smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Then gradually add the dry mixture you made in the smaller bowl.
- If you have a cookie scoop, us that to make balls of the cookie dough. If not, use a rounded teaspoon full of dough and round them into balls.
- Here is where the fun begins. Roll each ball in the colored sugar of your choice, then place them on a lined or greased cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven. The Tinker Bell Pixie Dust cookies should appear puffy when first removed from the oven, but they will settle as they cool.
- Let the cookies stand on cookie sheet for two minutes, then remove and place them on wire racks to cool.
Enjoy these Tinker Bell Pixie Dust cookies, and let us know how they come out!