The state of Earth’s atmosphere affects us all, which explains why the weather is one of the most popular topics of conversation and scientific study. With 23 hands-on experiments, you can investigate specific weather phenomena as well as the climate system in general. Build a model of Earth and its atmosphere and then use it to conduct experiments that show how the global wind system works. Trace air currents from the icy cold poles to the warm equator and back with a wisp of smoke. Model Earth’s heat reservoirs, thermals, and global and local winds. Recreate ocean currents in a small basin of water. Simulate Earth’s rotation and revolution to learn how the sun affects the weather daily and seasonally. Learn about the climatic zones and the composition of the atmosphere. Experiment to see how carbon dioxide levels affect temperature. Explore the hydrological cycle to learn about humidity, clouds, and precipitation. Build a simple barometer, set up a rain gauge, and track the temperature. Full-color, 48-page manual.
Thames and Kosmos Climate & Weather Specs
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Brand: Thames and Kosmos
- Genre: Geology & Earth Science
- Experiments: 23
- Pieces: 42
- Pages in Manual: 48
- Recommended Minimum Age: 10 Years
- Recommended Maximum Age: 100 Years
- Year Released: 2012
- Awards: 2013 Dr. Toy Best Green Toy Award
- Weight: 1.44 lbs
- UPC/EAN: 814743010383
- MPN: 665006
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Safety Information: Warning. Not intended for children under the age of 3. May contain small parts, balls, or other items dangerous to young children. May be harmful if swallowed.
Get your Thames and Kosmos Climate & Weather today at Maziply Toys!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.