This astonishing wall-climbing robot has a motorized air suction system that enables it to walk vertically up and down perfectly smooth surfaces, like glass, plastic, whiteboards, and glossy laminates. The battery-powered motor drives an innovative gear system that produces a rotating motion making the legs move back and forth and up and down, mimicking a real gecko — so two of the feet are touching the wall while the other two feet are lifted off of the wall, in an alternating motion. At the same time, the gear system drives an air pump that creates a vacuum at the two feet touching the wall while blowing air outward at the other two feet. In this way, two of the feet are always holding the model to the wall, while the other two feet are pushing off and stepping forward. You can build six other models and conduct experiments with suction to learn about air pressure and the mechanical physics of this unique device. Build models of an industrial robotic arm with a vacuum suction cup gripper, crawling inch worm, smartphone holder, suction tow truck and car, ellipsograph, and suction gun. A 24-page, full-color manual guides you through model building with step-by-step illustrated instructions and provides scientific information and explanations.
Thames and Kosmos Geckobot Specs
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Brand: Thames and Kosmos
- Genre: Robotics & Programming
- Experiments: 7
- Pieces: 176
- Pages in Manual: 24
- Recommended Minimum Age: 8 Years
- Recommended Maximum Age: 100 Years
- Year Released: 2016
- Awards: 2016 ASTRA Best Toys for Kids (Constructive Play 8+ Years), The Toy Insider's 2016 STEM 10 List, Purdue University’s Engineering Gift Guide
- Weight: 2.13 lbs
- UPC/EAN: 814743012097
- MPN: 620365
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
- Safety Information: Warning. Not intended for children under the age of 3. May contain small parts, balls, or other items dangerous to young children. May be harmful if swallowed.
Get your Thames and Kosmos Geckobot today at Maziply Toys!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.